Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Hello!  I'm sharing my Tip Time Time Tuesday with Kiwi Lane Designs using Hemptique’s yarn and the Sweetheart accessory templates.  I'm showing how to use the templates in an altered project and to matte a photo.  




For Hemptique, I chose to work with the yarn because I knew immediately what I was going to make, a Dreamcatcher!  


To start, I took a small embroidery hoop and wrapped it with white Hemptique yarn.  I then made the web of the dream catcher with the orange Hemptique yarn.  To figure out how to make the web, I looked it up on You Tube of course!  Here is the video tutorial I used:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlvYbLIXkRU



To decorate the dreamcatcher I cut out feathers from patterned paper in Fancy Pant’s What A Wonderful Day collection and attached them with yarn and beads.  


I used the Kiwi land designer templates to matte the photo I wanted to use on the dreamcatcher.  I added some flair and some beads for the finishing touch. 



Templates Used:

Sweetheart 2 & 3


Now I'm off to hang this in my daughter's room :)



No comments:

Post a Comment