Ok, so when's the last time you may have done paper weaving? I'm up on the FotoBella blog with my latest design team project and tutorial on how to make a card, weaving paper. The collection featured is Basic Grey Sun Kissed from Fotobella.com.
You can make this too! Visit FotoBella.com for your Basic Grey Sun Kissed supplies and follow this tutorial.
Supplies: Basic Grey Sun Kissed Collection
Paper: Cadence, Wildflower, Droplet, Wingspan; Title Sticker Sheet, Die Cuts, Black & White Card Stock
· Dark Brown Ink
· Scallop Circle Punch 2 ½”
· Circle punch 2 ¼”
1. Cut strips of paper approx. ¼” wide by 12” long.
2. Cut the 12” strips in half so that they measure 6”.
3. For the base of the card, cut a piece of white cardstock so it measures 8” wide and 12” long.
4. Fold the card stock in half so that the face of the card measures 4” wide and 6” long.
5. Line up the strips of paper vertically along the face of the card in the pattern that you like.
6. Holding the bottom of the strips with one hand begin weaving the first strip along the top, horizontally. The weaving is done by going under one strip and then over the next, repeating the pattern across the strips of paper, until the end.
7. The second strip should be woven in the opposite pattern than the first strip (ie: over, under, over under..) Once the first couple horizontal strips are woven in, place a ruler to hold the top while weaving in the rest of the paper strips.
8. Continue weaving the paper all the way to the bottom of the card, adjusting the spacing and alternating paper patterns along the way.
9. Based on the spacing I had 8 vertical strips of paper and 13 horizontal strips. This will vary based on how tight you space and weave the paper. The goal is to cover the whole face of the card.
10. Flip over the weaved paper and apply glue back and forth across the rows of paper.
11. Adhere the weaved paper to the front of the card. Line it up so all the edges line up with the base of the card, The horizontal strips will hang over on both sides and need to be trimmed down.
12. Flip the card over and cleanly trim off the excess paper strips, using scissors and following the edge of the white cardstock.
13. Once the edges are trimmed this is what the front of the card should look like.
14. Go around the edges and glue down any strips that are loose. You want everything completely glued down to the card base.
15. Punch a 2 1/2” scallop circle out of black card stock and a 2 ¼” circle out of white card stock.
16. Layer the white circle on top of the black scallop. Place the pink vellum die cut on top of the white card stock.
17. What it should look like with all the shapes layered.
18. Select the Triangle Sticker from the Title StickerSheet with the sentiment “U Are Simply Wonderful” and layer on to the white cardstock.
19. Using Black Diamond and Silver stickles, embellish the die cut and the scallop circle.
And drumroll please....
Have a fabulous day!