Sunday, October 14, 2012

Paradise Found

Hi there,

Today I want to share with you an Altered Clipboard.  I started this project this past Monday while I was sitting in the airport during a 4 hour layover..YES, I scrapbooked in the airport, WHY NOT?  lol :)

A few challenges to scrapbooking in the airport, no scissors, no glue, not much work space....

I brought a 12x12 expandable file with my paper, embellies, popdots and tape runner.  I used the file and the clipboard as my lap desk and tore all the paper using the edge of the clipboard.  No scissors necessary :)


The paper line I chose for this project is Little Yellow Bicycle-Paradise.  I love the beautiful colors and Paradise theme.   I wanted to incorporate a pocket on the clipboard, and lots of layering.  This paper line was a great choice for that. 



Look closely and you can see the tearing technique I used on all the edges. The paper with the tree is the pocket.  I matted for a photo on the left side of the pocket and I layered chipboard shapes on the right with pop dots.





I created a title at the top and embellished with a chipboard flower.  The decorative stick pins I placed on the far right of the clipboard and placed the banner stickers over the top of them to make little flags.


Once I got home and could use the scissors :) I added the ribbon.  I placed ribbon around the metal clip of the clipboard and 2 fabric flowers on either side.  I found the perfect "Paradise" metal tag from my stash to top it off.


      This project was a lot of fun :) Who knew a layover at the airport could be this much fun :) 

      Hope your next airport experience is just as fabulous ;)

Apryl



2 comments: