Thursday, June 20, 2013

Black Ice

Imaginisce's Black Ice is such a great collection.  The variety of black & white patterns all coordinate well together, allowing you to combine any of them together.  I like how using the black & white color scheme allows your eye to be drawn to the photo in the layout, despite all the pattern variety going on in the layout.  



I hand cut hearts and pennants for my embellishments and layered them with circles.  I inked the hearts with white ink and matted the pennants with red for a pop of color.  Using white ink was perfect with this collection and I really like how it turned out.  I also love using my white gel pen whenever I can and it worked perfectly with this collection as well.

Supplies:

Imaginisce Black Ice Collection, White card stock, Red card stock, White Ink, Black Ink, Black & White twine, foam tape, Alligator Quickutz font, White gel pen.



Now for a fun project! So my friend is having a Wine Tasting Party for her birthday and everyone who brings a bottle of wine is supposed to hide the label.  I got to thinking, and thought aha!  Black Ice….perfect.  Perfect  fort adding class to a wine bottle.  

                    

I choose a few of the fun patterns, made a base for the label, hand cut the flower designs out and the flower petals to give them dimension.  I embellished the flowers with hot rocks.  I found this great saying on Pinterest and printed it out to make my own label.  It's just the saying for a get together with friends.  




To go with the wine bottle, I made a candy holder to hold chocolates, a perfect pair to those dessert wines.  To make the holder, I used a cupcake wrapper cutout on the Cricut.  I free handed the inside piece by tearing it.  I added the same handout flower embellishment to the outside and then filled it with chocolates.  It's going to be fun party and the guest of honor is wearing Black Ice!


Supplies:  Black Ice Collection, Hot Rocks, I Rock, Xyron Adhesive Runner, Circuit Cupcake Cartridge.


Hope you have a fabulous day!

1 comment: