So I was going through my desk not long ago and unearthed a page I had torn out of a magazine over 3 years ago. It was a cute and simple way to make a Job Chart. I didn't need it back then because my kiddos were so little. Which explains why it got lost in my desk! But now the kids are getting to be around the age where they can handle a few job assignments. Our house will be getting much busier in the coming months and a little organization won't hurt. This project is super easy to make and can be fun for kids to do.
To start out, you need three basic supplies, all of which I just found around my house.
Bamboo Skewers, Straws and corrugated card board (I cut a lid off of a box).
1. Cut the corrugated cardboard into 2 pieces. The first measuring 7 1/2 in. long by 4 in. wide. The second piece 7 1/2 in. long and 2 in. wide.
2. Using approx. 8 bamboo skewers, slide the ends into the corrugated cardboard pieces.
3. Cut the straws into 8-1 inch pieces and cover the straws with washi tape.
4. Slide the wash tape covered straw pieces onto the bamboo skewers that you have placed in the cardboard and then attached the smaller piece of cardboard to the other side.
5. I used chipboard as the backing. The chipboard backing should measure that 12 in. wide by 7 1/2 in. tall. Cover the chipboard with patterned paper before gluing all the pieces to it.
6. Glue the cardboard bamboo piece to the chipboard.
Once you have done that, than you can cover the cardboard pieces with patterned paper and embellish it to look all pretty :) I used a combination of Imaginisce's Love You More, Childhood Memories and Good Dog Collections for the patterned paper.
Complete Supplies List: Bamboo Skewers, Straws, Corrugated Cardboard, Chipboard, Imaginisce's Love You More Collection, Childhood Memories Collection, Good Dog Collection, May Arts Ribbon, I Rock and gems, Quickutz Alligator Font, White Cardstock, Xmas Red Stickles, White Ink, White Gel Pen.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my kids craft project! Have fun with making your own!
Have a fabulous day!