Friday, October 13, 2017

Fun Flamingo Layout with ADORNit

Hello friends,

Starting in October, I've had the pleasure of working with ADORNit and their fabulous products as an ADORNit Ambassador, aka "It Girl"!  It's been a ton of fun!!  Today I'm sharing a scrapbook layout made with ADORNit's Flamingo collection.



This collection is full of bright flowers and flamingos and makes for very fun layout!  I chose this photo of my daughter adorned in watermelons from head to toe to pair up with this collection and think it's a perfect match <3.  The red and white check paper and green patterned paper seemed a fitting choice for the photo matte.  

I love fussy cutting (I find it relaxing!  weird? I know!) and went to town on the Flamingo "Be You" from the Flamingo Cut Apart paper from the collection.  The key to clean cutting is to use large scissors as opposed to small ones to keep the cuts smooth instead of choppy.  The larger scissors also take the curves well when turning around the shape.  ;)


Another technique I use often when scrapbooking is layering.  Here's a close up of the layered papers I used.  I inked the edges with brown and green ink so they pop off the page.  


And then there's journaling....  always a tough one for me and often times I've got to force myself to write something, anything!  However, no matter how short or simple the sentiment, it's important to implement.  

Thanks for stopping by the blog today!  If you haven't yet tried ADORNit products, visit them at ADORNit.com and check it all out.  You'll love everything!  I do!

Have a fabulous day!





No comments:

Post a Comment