Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Celebrate Independence Day!


Independence Day is always a fun celebration time for my family.  Every year we are either at the beach or in the pool all day, barbecuing and then heading down to the beach after dark to watch the fireworks go off at the end of the pier.  It's really fun and can't wait to do it again this year!  Last year we were in the pool and here is a great photo of my husband and kiddos having a blast!  



For the layout I wanted to focus on the traditional Independence day colors, Red, White & Blue.  I accented that with fun patterned paper from the Endless Summer collection that went with the pool theme of the photo.  For the embellishments, I altered one of the journaling stickers by adding the blue card stock to make a great background for the "July 4th" title and matted "Pool Party" in the same  blue card stock.  I also hand cut my own splash shapes from the card stock and added that beautiful sparkle with Stickles.  I popped the splashes of the page with foam tape.  Makes it look as though the water is splashing right off the page.  So fun!



Supplies:  Endless Summer Collection, Childhood Memories Collection, White Cardstock, Blue Cardstock, Blue, Diamond and Red Stickles, Blue and White Ink, Foam tape, White Gel Pen.


Hope everyone has a happy & safe holiday!  




No comments:

Post a Comment